7 September 2000
treatises of judith iscariot -|-
musings of a prod. -|-
Got a new machine at home. Two, sort of. But this first round is about the computer. It is state-of-the-art,
big monitor, fast processor, lots of RAM, and a noisy-ass fan. I can't keep the dang thing on when I sleep.
But that's OK, I'll just call Dell and ask them to
send me a new one. I don't even have all the software moved over to it yet, and my old Gateway is just
sitting on the floor, all hooked up so that when I want to get to all those emails I've saved for the
last 3 years (bet you didn't know I kept everything, did you?) I get to sit on the floor like a
kindergartener for them. What this means to you is probably close to nothing, but I'm overall pleased
with this new toy...
The other new toy I have is a beautiful guitar which just came in last week from
Carvin. The guitar has a beautiful
Blueburst finish. One minor complaint is that the low-end isn't as full as the old Tele. Ah, well.
the treatises of judith iscariot
I have an idea for the adaptation of some monologues I've been writing. Rather corrupt ones, I might add.
I think I'll use Judith Iscariot as
the main character who speaks these things. It's a little like Spooky's monologues in
Iron Society, but with a bit more bite to them. You see, I've been tossing these little things around
for the better part of a couple years. Initially, they were to be monologues in a film, spoken by a disillusioned
leader to his inner circle. Now it'll be Judith speaking to noone in particular. Or something.
This applies to everyone.
- don't ask for advice then do nothing. it makes people want to stop giving you advice.
- she won't change unless she wants to badly enough, so be prepared to live with it or live without her.
- i will find a way to disqualify myself from my desires.
- my family are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. seriously.
- t.s. eliot sounds like a pansy when reading his poetry. i've a tape iBogost gave to me
which has alec guiness reading. it rocks.
- perry is damn insightful.
- asparagus juice is definitely a regrettable beverage.
- no one wants to take responsibility for their mistakes, but saying "i don't care what i did" is better than saying
"i had to because x, y, z..."
musings of a prod.
Headin' to the ranch with some folks from the Revolution!
Also, Dr. Zaius is back, a little leaner, but as insightful as ever.